Allergic To My Piggies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kim3

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Whenever i hold my sows i get itchy where theyve been then a small red rash appears - used antisan cream which has helped a bit.
Also weighed them when they were out and fudge has lost 6 grams in 10 days but smudge has gained 10, shud i be worried?

Thanks
Kim

@kim3 Hey Kim, sound like you may be allergic. Maybe try hayfever tablets antihistamines, worth speaking to the doctor about. They are great for pet allergies

No the weight fluctuations are totally normal. Have a read of this thread on weighing piggies The Importance Of Weighing - Ideal Weight / Overweight / Underweight and see this video for more info

Any questions please ask away

Lee

Thanks lee.
I'm on hayfever tabs anyways but dont always take them. The cream the pharmacist gave stopped the itchin whereas last time it went on for days, was awful! Will just use it after handling the girls.
Thought the weight was okay as its only a little lost.
Kim

Thanks lee.
I'm on hayfever tabs anyways but dont always take them. The cream the pharmacist gave stopped the itchin whereas last time it went on for days, was awful! Will just use it after handling the girls.
Thought the weight was okay as its only a little lost.
Kim

Yeah weight fluctuates. It is nothing to worry about.

Sometimes takes a while to find the correct antihistamine that works as there are loads out there. Hope the allergy doesn't spoil the enjoyment too much for you.

I feel for you, I have allergies as well, I was diagnose with Rhinitis but I do find using my nasal spray works for me, I have tablets as well (both from the Dr because they are stronger) which I used when needed.

If touching them makes a rash come out, see if wearing something long sleeved would help? Also, I'm looking into getting an air purifier that might help your hay fever.

I hope you manage to find a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back