Air cooler advice

SarahxCavia

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello all

I was wondering if anyone has tried air coolers for the room they keep their piggies in. I am debating buying one but reviews are so mixed between 5 stars and 1 stars and there expensive. I'm on a 2nd floor bedroom and it currently 25 degree I my room and it 22 outside.

Has anyone found an air cooler that works really well.

Thank you

We have a portable aircon that we use during summer. Air coolers according to hubby are useless especially when it's very humid. You need something that will suck the hot air out to a vent, like what the aircon does. We have been using the aircon for 7-8 yrs now I think and it has always been a life saver during summer when it becomes too hot.

We got this one, not cheap (I think it may have been slightly cheaper when we got it). We got it the year London hit 40 degrees because we were worried about the pigs. We only used it for about 4 days last year as it feels quite extreme to get one of these out but it did bring the room down several degrees and it works well. It’s not quiet. There are probably cheaper similar ones but they were all sold out at the time and we were melting and desperate!

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/463...VI5NQBh0kGgb2EAQYAiABEgLGifD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last summer, we moved house to a town in the tropics with temperatures getting roughly up to 30-36 degrees C. For the whole summer, we weren't able to install an air-con and were worried for our (short-haired) guinea pig. Long story short, various tips and tricks helped us keep the piggy at a comfortable temperature and saved us a lot of money on an air cooler.
Using cotton t-shirt rags on his bed instead of fleece (sometimes we would even cool the cloth down in the fridge or freezer), placing an ice pack under the hidey house and pointing a fan to the cage, keeping the cage in a naturally breezy part of the house, and providing them with extra watery veggies like cucumber, all helps keep the piggies comfortable.
All I'm saying is that you may not have to buy an air cooler for the piggies if you use some of these tips and tricks.

That being said though, if you still decide to buy and air cooler, good luck with finding the right one. Sorry that I cannot advice any specific brand or model.

Back