• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

AGGGHHHHH!

• Thread starter Thread starter EmmaJ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EmmaJ

I'm so fed up and felt a need to have a moan. This morning was my eleventh visit to the vets sinche Dexter and Desmond's castration in May. They both have continual infections and just as one gets better the other gets ill. I'm doing everything right as far as the vet says but it has been a nightmare.
Dexter has been oozing with super stinky puss for the last week and has lost half his body weight. Took Desmond in today as he now has a huge cyst which appears to have come up over last 2 days. They have kept him in to operate on him again this afternoon so I'm tearing my hair out. They're both on septrin and science recovery and are taking up so much of my time at the moment. Poor Delores is squealing like mad because she doesn't know where Desmond is which is upsetting too.
The vet says this is not normal and reassured me that they were neutred in a sterile environment but now I'm wondering if it is their fault or mine.
Sorry for the rant! There was a poll (by lavanderjade I think) a while ago about whether neutering caused after-problems. for me: YES, YES, YES!

Awwww I am so sad to hear this, I have no advice on what you can do but keep us informed poor little piggies :(

Thats such a shame, hope things start looking up soon,
I'm considering getting my little boy done, I'm still unsure though. Sorry I have no advice for you but good luck.

Thanks guys. Don't let our experience put you off Tracey as lots of people have had no probs. I'll let you know how Desmond is when he comes round. Keep everything crossed for him please.x

Ohhh hun thats so horrible!

Do you think maybe you should keep them apart until they are better? Maybe one of them has an infection...then passes it to the other, then one recovers but then gets it back of the other..etc etc....

I really dont know what to suggest..just really really bad luck! :(

Hope everything goes okay at the vets and start looking up soon! O0

Thanks. They have always been kept apart. That is why I got them neutred cos they try to kill each other. They are with lady friends and miles away from each other. I can't work it out as they are kept so clean. I suspect it wasn't a 'sterile' operation afterall.

It does seem a bit strange that its the two boys that are ill...

Are the girls okay? Surely if they are healthy, its definatly not something you have done!

Are the vets paying for all these vet trips and appointments?

I would report them just incase like you suggest it wasnt a sterile environment as they really shouldnt be allowed to perform these operations...come on...both of your boys are ill..that is either bad practise or a reaaally big coinsidence!

I really really hope they are both healthy again soon :-\ O0 :smitten:

Just to let you know I have just brought Desmond home (10.30pm!) They had a number of emergency operations to perform so the poor fella was waiting all day. He's home now and tucking into a huge slice of melon and some cabbage. I went to tesco's and bought him all his fave foods and got Dexter all of his too in the hopes he puts on weight. Delores is going mad next door to Desmond. She wants to give him a cuddle.
Fingers crossed all of this is over now for both of them cos they've got some new friends on the way in a couple of weeks too.
Thank you all so much for your concern. It is always lovely to have people who understand what a worry they are.

Awww get well soon both you cheeky boys!! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I really hope everything starts looking up for these poor babies! O0 :smitten: :smitten:

Oh no, i'm so sorry to hear that they're still having problems :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: rotten infections.
Sending healing wheeks and piggie kisses to the boys and <hugs> to you :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back