Age for sorting out who is boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsay7

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My girls are nearly 8 weeks and have been with me for nearly two weeks, they are sisters and get on very well. Just recently in the last few days the other half made them a log cabin for when they are out in the run. Trinny seems to be a bit bossy towards her sister susannah she makes a funny little rumbling noise and lifts her head up as if to say your not coming in, susannah seems to back off at other times they are fine, though Trinny does seem be a bit more confident. Are they at the age where Trinny is telling her sister look I'm the boss around here. They have not been nasty at all towards one another its just the little rumble sound she makes.

Yup sounds like it! Your other half may have to make another one ;D

My girls have established rank or so I am led to believe. They are exactly 4 months old now. Fleur is the dominate one and Fleur is very timid, likes cuddles from her sister. In our first week together they established who was going to be the boss. There was a few moments of minor disagreements but its been fine since.

My two bonded boys have established rank too Sunshine is 4 months 4 weeks and Twinkle 4 months 2 weeks. When Twinkle runs under the same igloo as Sunshine, Sunshine will rumble as if to say this is my house get out! Twinkle just gives up, he did rumble a couple of times but he's not that dominate.

Louise
x

Susannah backs off already so she obviously knows who is boss. :)They do cuddle together and get on. I just noticed it over the new house. Can they get possesive over things? She does let her in but odd times just does the little rumble.

I have 2 boys, they are about 16 weeks now and rumble over anything and everything. They do get possessive over things, but I haven't had them fight yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back