• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi, i was asked by sumone how to get rid of ringworm any advice

The best person to advise you about ringworm,or any skin condition is Chrissie at WWW.gorgeousguineas.com.

Have a look at the website there is excellent advise on how to distinguish between fungal annd mites.

Chrissie has very good shampoos,lotions and melts for fungal problems.

Email her at [email protected]

Daktarin cream is good for fungal infections as is Nizoral shampoo which contains the same active ingredients,but these are strong chemicals.GG products are much gentler and work just as well.In any case you need to establish whether it is ringworm before you can start any treatment.

GG oil soaks did help clear up ringworm but not sure if anyone has used the Melts on it, would be interested to know how they work, if thats what it is :)

i have ring worm :( and the chemist gave me daktarin cream, and I'm not allowed near my piggies, doggie or OH :'(

ive had that before make sure who evers guinea pig has got it, thats its kept away from any others and always wash your hands before touching anything..

ive had it twice once from a dying guinea of my friends, and another i think whilst trying on clothes in shops.. some people are disgusting trying stuff on with ringowrm!

i had to have tablets and cream i only had one *ringworm* unlike a lot of people they get quite a few, and i had it severe..

yeah as long as you throw the gloves away and wash your hands.. you really dont wanna spread it on, its hard to get rid of like in my case i had it for weeks! was funny at the chemist though they all avoided me and when handed cream etc they did it so they didnt have to touch me ;D

also if you ever do get it its best to have a seperate hand towel/face cloth etc just for that one person to use obv wash it but keep one set because it spreads that easily..

i hope i dont have it for weeks i miss my piggies already and iv only had it 2days :(

i still fed my pigies and cleaned them out etc.. just wash your hands with soap before you do, and dont put them anywhere near your body where the ringopwrm is..unless its on your hands etc then dont do the food lol mine was on my tummy so was always covered up, but i always washed my hands to be on the safe side :)

mines on top of my arm, shoulder going down my back! ive been wearing cardys etc but i dont wanna risk holding them my OH holds them so i can talk to them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back