advice re my boars please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone who keeps just boars who could advise me please? I have Timmy and Lennie in one large c+ c and my new boys Teddy and Larry next door in the other. Timmy and Lennie get loads of floor time but Larry and Teddy haven`t yet. How do you think it would go if I were to let them all have floor time together? or is that a no no? Timmy and Lennie have been spoiled as they are kings of the lounge floor but I want to be fair to the other two as well. Seperate floor time or try it with them all together? Thanks!

I wouldnt personally, they are likely to fight I should think bonding boars is hard especially if they are older so if they are just put into an area with opther boars I think they would probably fight over dominance, which may cause problems in the pairs when they get back in their cages.

best thing is to let one pair play out, then clean the area and then get the other boys out

It depends on the personalities of your boars.
When i had Huxley, Hamish (paired) Wallace & Wilbur (paired) & they went into the run i had to make sure the H's went out after the W's as Wilbur would attack Wallace if he got a whiff of the H's but years ago i had 4 boars living & playing happily together :)

It isnt a good idea to put them together as they are VERY likely to fight each other. I think separate but equal floor time would be fair. Lennie and Timmy will need to learn that its not just them anymore and you have to other guinea pigs but dont make them feel left out now you have two others ( i know you wouldnt do that, I'm just saying) O0 If you want then try it for a while, like 5 minutes each day and see what happens and if all goes well them take it from there :)

I think I will keep floor time seperate. Timmy ran into their cage yesterday when I was spot cleaning it and went a bit mad so got him out quickly 98)Lennie would be fine I think but I don't want to upset the pairings as each two get on great together O0
Welcome to the forum Hannah :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back