advice please

• Thread starter Thread starter telmadee
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

telmadee

Can some one please advise why Capspa is doing this, he has started (last couple of days only) to lick my hand when I'm cuddling him, then he gnaws me gently, i wondered why he is doing this, he has plenty of food (dry and fresh) and water in his hutch, so just wondered if anyone knew why please,
many thanks in advance

Piggie kisses(licks) are either love or wanting the salt out of your skin, whichever way you want to look at it! ;D

Its nothing to do with lack of diet or annnything like that, so dont worry! When they give you that little gnaw, hes either uncomfortable with how you are holding him, or wants to be put back in his cage for whatever reason (food/pee etc)

I wouldnt worry as a lot of mine do this, its pretty normal :)

thank you so mcuh for the reply, i did wonder about the salt factor, as i heard that about rabbits, but when i put a salt/minerla blcok in her hutch she never touched it,
i wasnt actually holding him as such he likes to lay on my chest, and i just put an arm around his body so he doesnt slip, my other hand is usually behind his bottom for comfort, btu what you sayign about the wanting to go in his hutch makes sense as he had been laid on me for around 02 hours and he was getting more and more restless by the minute,although he was purring, once he gave off a frustrated noise, but as we have birds too i thought maybe the noise they made had scared him, and i just snuggled him and he seemed to calm down.

Guinea pigs definitely tell you when they want to go to the loo! I have made the mistake of taking no notice in the past only to feel a little wet patch forming in my lap from the pig! Quite clever really.. Some of mine also lick my hands for the salt. It must just taste nice to them because mine don't get salt from anywhere else and they don't suffer for it.

well i had maisy on my lap last night and she didn't let me know she wanted a wee, yuch, it's always her and never the others, must remember to sit her on a towel in the future.

thank you all very much for your replies, i will know now, to listen to what they are telling me.

Aww... you getting piggy kisses :P

both my sows and the baby boy does this to me too :smitten:

i must admitt i couldnt wait to tell my hubby and kids what you all had said about the kisses I was sooooo chuffed, they do seem to have tamed up really quickly, they are adorable lil things, my hubby doesnt usually like anything liek that, hamsters and things we have had before, (fear of getting bitten) but he sits and cuddles these two for at least an hour every night :smitten: :smitten:

All of mine so this. They like the salt and then I think they gnaw just to check if I've turned into food. 98) It isn't because they want putting back or anything...

Aw piggie kisses are lovely! My piggies like to gently nibble on my fingers too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back