• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Advice Please-Re STIG

• Thread starter Thread starter tracyb1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tracyb1

Just had call from mum, Stig seems to be breathing quite laboured & hasn't run away when she's opened cage door. (They normally go into back of cage til you talk nicely to them)
I've told her to put him seperate to others in box & take into garage til I can get home from work. I've never had piggies be sick before & as I'm not at home I cant tell whether she's panicking or not. He must be feeling poorly though cos he does normally go with all the others. Is there anything that sounds familier or what it could be - I will be home in a couple of hours -cant go now as 3 managers out & will leave hiredesk on 1 person.
They have paper & dust extracted chips in hutch. Straw which a shke to remove little bits & dust in bed & same woodchips in toilet tray.
Still on Graham's food with tiny bit of P@H being put in(museli) been having mixed veg & fruit since arriving.

Vets already booked but wanted to see if I could ease it in meantime. I cannot get home before 6, am waiting for call to see if O/h can get him there sooner.

I would remove the straw and wood chips aand put her on a vet bed or a towel.If your mum has any paedreatric sudafed,give 0.3mls.As the breathing is laboured your mum will have to be careful with this and just put a few drops at a time in the mouth.

I do hope she will be o.k.

Oh no, not Stig I hope he will be ok. He has many fans on the board, me included. :smitten:

Do keep us posted, I am thinking he may have a respitory infection and hopefully antibiotics will do the trick, has he ate anything?

(((hugs to you and Stig))))

Louise
x

Fingers and paws crossed here x
Get well soon Stig :-* :-*

Stig isn't a well piggie, :( have spoken to Graham earlier. Been to vets as emergency & heart ok, chest clear, breathing still laboured, colour is pale, stomach feels 'squidgy' I've used same vets for 10yrs & trust her 100%. She thinks it's something gastric.
Have gone through everything we done since weekend & nothing changed. Dust extracted chips, fresh straw, shake hay to get any dust out, same food-just starting to change them onto P@H own museli. They have 2 storey hutch-bottom goes onto grass, top in 3 sections, day section with mesh door, toilet section & then bed section behind other door. Didn't let them eat grass all weekend but where out for about 3/4 hr in afternoon in sunny part of garden.
My other 2 older pigs are ok, other 4 boys & Honey are fine. Stig was ok this morning. Graham asked about mice, we live 1 bungalow away from loads of open fields & we do get mice in garden-could be possible they've been in hutch.
Fingers crossed for little Stiggie, he's in his own box snuggled up for tonight. Checked all the others straight after the vets & they are running around ok. Will update in morning-it's been another long day.

Oh love we'll have our paws crossed for little Stig :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Sending healing wheeks and piggie kisses as well :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Tracy

How is the little Stiglet today? Kept thinking of him last night in bed, the day he was handed to me with his face in that dreadful mess, his stunning personality through it all. I do so hope he is ok. He does have a special place in my heart.

Helen.
x

I was so tempted to take on Stig when Helen posted his pic up but I was overrun with boars ::) I hope he pulls through, I'm really worried about him and was thinking about him last night.

Hope he is a little better today. :smitten:

Fingers and paws crossed here for Stig. :smitten:

:'( :'( :'( Hi Helen, Just rung Graham & didn't want to post on here till I spoke to him. Little Stiggy didn't make it through the night. I cant believe it, he was ok yesterday morning. I wish I knew what was wrong. I've checked all the others early this morning
and they are running around as usual.
Hard to what to say really- I know he had his own little fan club. I will try again to post the piccy I took on Sunday of him sunning himself with his buddies-eating grass in his new home.

So very sorry Tracy. :'( :'( :'(

OMG what a shock. The poor little boy had such a rotten start with that woman and then all that treatment here with me - at least he had a lovely life after all that with me, Graham and then you Tracy.

Its one of these things I'm afraid - he was just such an individual character so so sweet natured. God I am so upset.

So sorry for you Tracy, you did all you can - it may have happened anywhere, anytime. He is at peace now.

Love Helen.
x

Louise - I collected him on 22 Nov 2007 and was told he was 12 weeks. NO WAY - vet and us (sokel) thought more like 6 to 7 - he would therefore be about 6 months old now. Such a wee baby.

Just been looking at Photobucket at the pics of him and all the ones from various threads of when I was treating his face for that awful fungal mite condition.

Bless him.

Helen.
x

I thought he was only young. Poor little man. I loved the pic of him with all the other pigs when Graham had him. I'm so sad about him, haven't stop thinking about him all day.

Oh love i'm so so sorry to hear about little Stig :'( :'( :'(
RIP Stig 0:) 0:) 0:) run free at the bridge little one, you had such an unfortunate start to life but your last 2-3 months has been such a wonderful time with caring and loving people and then your new forever home. I'm sure you've found some lovely friends to play with and they're showing you the best grassy meadows :-* :-* :-*
(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) and piggie kisses from us both, we're so sorry, you tried your damdest :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

So sorry, I didn't see this yesterday and have just read the whole lot and am now in tears at my desk! :'(

Such a short little life but at least he was well loved and well cared for once he was rescued. Sending big HUGS

Sophie
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back