Advice Please On A Single Piggy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauralucy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
as the title says, I have a single piggy, she's known as asbo pig (phoebe) she doesn't like piggies and is very much a people piggy.

she had a cage mate Billy they got on brilliantly he was so laid back he didn't care and you would often find them cuddled up together. unfortunately this morning I found billy and he was no longer with us.

so my dilemma now is what do I do with phoebe. I have 8 other piggies but Nelly who lives with 5 girls and phoebe hate each other from 5 paces away it hackles up teeth chattering so she cant go in with them. and snowy and her don't get along (snowy was also a single pig but went piggy dating and found a cagemate) again it wont work.

do I try and take one of the girls from the group I have and try them together? do I leave her on her own? or do I send her piggy dating?

I cant do anything until the 22nd November as at the moment all my piggies are currently in a shed so I cant monitor them but on the 22nd we all move into a house and they'll be in the dining room (its a living room/dining room) so I can monitor them all then.

phoebe has just turned 4 I've had her since she was about 12 weeks old.

sorry for waffling on.
here is phoebe

and this is phoebe and billy

Aww she's gorgeous.

It's a shame she doesn't get on with any of your existing piggies. You may have to take her piggie dating. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. And good luck with your house move.

shes rather quiet but is still eating. so will see how she goes and look to send her dating once we've moved :)

i think dating would be the best option. they may beable to advise you on piggies they think would suit her personality. good luck :)

sorry for your loss. x

thank you. I have decided to send her piggy dating once we have moved or possible on the weekend I move so her and her possible new friend could come into a new home together, proper brand new territory :) in the meantime I have ordered her a pyramid fleece igloo bed to keep her warm and cosy and comfy. x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back