Advice on static mite treatment

Josie_lg

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello everyone. My girls seem to have picked up static mites again. We will be picking up some xeno from the vets soon as it’s been ordered in as out of stock. But just a quick question unfortunately hazel has the classic black dots around her bottom which I believe are the egg casings of the mites (I feel awful but I noticed them after using a differant hay as our normal hay had ran out and the delivery was delayed😭I also think may have been seasonal as they got them this time ish last year) the girls are fully cleaned once daily and spot cleaned twice sometimes three times so we keep them very clean. But my question is should I treat them and leave those dots as they are around her bottom. Or should I shave them off😔 I’m unsure whether they’re “eggs” that can hatch or whether they’re Empty eggs if that makes sense. Thank you xx

Hi, sorry to hear your girls have picked up mites. Unfortunately, I have no advice or experience with this but hopefully someone else on the forum can offer you some advice. Best wishes.

Back