Advice needed

Ashelley123

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I would love some advice. We are away on holiday and returning tomorrow. My daughters (12 and 14) dote on their guineas and my eldest particularly adores Ziggy who has been so much comfort to her particularly recently as she navigates her way through anxiety. Very sadly I found out on our first day of holiday that the door to Ziggy and Bertie’s outdoor cage somehow opened and the guineas have gone. I’m sure they have been eaten but I can’t be 100% sure. I asked various people to check, posted on our neighbours WhatsApp group but nothing. I’m not even sure what I’m asking but I’m so worried to tell the girls as they will be devastated. And they will feel guilty that the guineas somehow got out and that they might not have fastened the cage properly. We are home tomorrow and have to tell them but just so upset. Sorry as this sounds crazy but they are just the most gorgeous little creatures. We have two more who are safe and who they adore too but Ziggy particularly is a huge loss as he was just fabulous and full of personality (I never thought I would say that about a guinea pig!). Any advice on how to deal very welcome Xx

I'm so sorry to hear this, it must be devastating 😔
Sending love and hugs in this difficult time 💕

HUGS

I am so very sorry. What a bummer. Piggies are usually territorial and will not normally stray very far.
You can try and see whether they are still hiding around by putting a carrier or a box or two with hay, a cosy that smells of them and food out.

Keeping Piggies Safe during outdoor time

Maybe try doing something like if they know that the sound of a bag shaking means treats maybe just shake it around and try not to make to much noise other then that you may hear a week week somewhere I do hope they haven’t strayed far sending prayers ♥️ ❤️😞

My boys goes nuts when they hear me grab a bag (any bag). Not sure, as said above, if this would work. Possibly a favorite treat might convince them to come out?

I know this might be a longshot but would anybody have stolen them?

I really hope they are still around. Great ideas above about hides with their old smelly hay in there. There was a happy thread on here recently about a piggy who was caught after escaping. Who was looking after them while you were away? Maybe they left it unlocked not your girls. Also is it possible they did get stolen? I really hope they return. I hope your girls are ok.

I find that serving dinner and doing the dinner call often brings back any adventurers that have escaped through a dip in the ground and gone off in the thick border. They like exploring but nothing beats watching their friends eating dinner without them... :D

All the best! I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will turn up again.

Back