Advice Needed - single piggie!

laura_dungar

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I originally bought two male guinea pigs that were paired together from a breeder, after about a year one of them sadly passed away, so i tried to find a friend for the piggie that was left behind, didn’t want him to get lonely!
I purchased another male piggie and started the bonding process, but quickly realised they didn’t get on and their personalities clashed massively. I ended up building two separate cages so they could see each other everyday still.
Last night, my original piggie passed away, leaving again, another male piggie by himself.
Should i start a bonding process again with another guinea pig?

I’m sorry for your loss.

Yes, you will need to find a new friend for your piggy but provided he is eating and otherwise ok, the same guidelines apply as if they were living together - he should be ok for up to four weeks while you find a new friend for him.

The best way to ensure compatibility, if you have the option, is to go to a rescue centre and get their help in finding a new friend for your boy.
If you don’t have that option then purchasing another piggy, attempting a bonding and accepting that there is a risk of failure with an on spec bonding.

I’m sorry for your loss.

Yes, you will need to find a new friend for your piggy but provided he is eating and otherwise ok, the same guidelines apply as if they were living together - he should be ok for up to four weeks while you find a new friend for him.

The best way to ensure compatibility, if you have the option, is to go to a rescue centre and get their help in finding a new friend for your boy.
If you don’t have that option then purchasing another piggy, attempting a bonding and accepting that there is a risk of failure with an on spec bonding.
Thankyou so much 🤍

Hi sorry for your losses 😥 Your piggy will need a friend as said above but take a little time for yourself too 💙

Back