Adult Guinea pig food question

Golins_guinea_pigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I switched from baby Guinea pig food to Adult food. I know they have to get used to the food, but they aren’t eating as much as they did with the baby Guinea pig food. They had it for around a week or two. I am just curious if this they are still getting used to the food or is the adult food more filling.

It probably tastes different.

However it doesn’t matter if they don’t eat it. Pellets aren’t needed in the diet and must be kept limited to one tablespoon per day in any event. The less pellets they eat and the more hay the eat, the healthier your piggies will be. They must never fill up on pellets

(As an aside, they never need baby piggy pellets anyway and can have adult pellets right from the very beginning)

Long Term Balanced General And Special Needs Guinea Pig Diets

They may be still adjusting. If you want to ease the transition for them, you can mix the old pellets and the new pellets and gradually reduce the amount of the old ones.

Pigs can be remarkably stubborn about food changes, a couple times I have had to buy a different brand of timothy hay pellets and have had very reluctant pigs! LOL!

Back