Adopted new friends for my grieving piggy

Widdlepiggies

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Almost a year ago i got Loopy along with his brother Monty. They got along very well and took the best care of each other. Loopy was a very happy boy who popcorned every day of his short life. He wheeked everytime i came in the door and talked all day long. Unfortunately Loopy was also a weak piggy. He had an underdeveloped forearm and couldn’t run around like he wanted to. When he was 6 month old he got a middle-ear infection and got very sick very fast. I took him to the vet multiple times and tried everything in my power to make him better. He was on several medications and he was very brave. He got better for a while and we got to enjoy his presence for a couple more months until he suddenly passed. I was and still am heartbroken and i miss him everyday. But I’m grateful for all his wheeks, kisses and cuddles.

Monty seemed devastated and was acting strange. He was shaking, making noises, not eating and his hairs were straight up. A couple days after Loopy passed I decided to find Monty a new friend. I was looking for a younger piggy since Monty is not even a year old, and I didn’t want to pair him with a bigger pig that’d dominate him. I got a 6 week old boy named Berry. And I also ran into Spooky, the poor sick guinea pig I mentioned in my previous post. I couldn’t let him sit there as he was looking like he didn’t have much time left..
I took them both home to Monty and they seem to get along pretty well. Monty is finally running and popcorning again, and he loves to cuddle with his smaller friends. It’s great to see him happy again after the loss of his brother.

Attachments

• IMG_4962.webp
    IMG_4962.webp
    132.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5099.webp
    IMG_5099.webp
    82.1 KB · Views: 2
Welcome Berry and Spooky. It is always such a relief to see a bereaved piggy come to life and regain their sparkle again.
Fingers very firmly crossed for Spooky.

Aw, what a gorgeous threesome. So sorry you lost Loopy, sending hugs, such a loss takes some getting over :hug:

Back