• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Adopted boar - stinky bum !

• Thread starter Thread starter piggy power
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piggy power

Morning Everyone,

We adopted a fantastic boar from a rescue centre on Saturday. We have called him spike, he is so friendly and appears to be settling in really well. The plan is to get him neutured and put him in with our 3 girls.

When he arrived he was a bit stinky and he also had some little unwanted friends !(lice). The lice seem to have gone but he is still stinky. I checked his bum this morning and although he does not appear to be impacted, his bits stink. He had bits of shavings and hay stuck up his bum, and it was full of stinky white stuff.

Is this normal?. What should I use to clean him with.

Hope you can help.

Janet

It sounds like your boy needs a bath! I'm not too clued up on boars but I'm sure there will be someone along soon to advise.

Sorry, forgot to mention that we gave him a bath to treat the lice on Satuday.

Janet

The white stinky stuff is called secum and its quite normal, stinky but normal LOL

Boars get all sorts stuck up there! you can check every few days and clean out gently with a cotton bud as well as giving a clean out at bath time, I use a finger tip and then just sort of give out a hose out with the shower head :)

Thanks Bev.

I've posted a picture of Spike on the photo gallery if you what to see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back