Adopted A Piggy Yesterday. Here He Is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Char03xo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
image.webp
Hi everyone. After seeing an ad on preloved for this little guy 'Free to a good home' I instantly fell in love with him and went to collect him yesterday. He is the first addition to my gang, as I'm due to pick a pair of baby boars up in around 2weeks. He is 1 year old, very big and very shy, but he's such a cutie! I think he may be a sheltie as he has long hair round his bum (but I'm not 100% sure because I'm not good with breeds)
Just thought I'd introduce him :)

He's lovely, congratulations. Will you be getting him a friend in the future once he is settled?

aaawww! so CUTE! I am looking for guinea pigs to adopt in the Easter hols, might be visiting a rescue centre soon-so excited! i miss having piggies! just look at his cute face! are you getting him a friend? :)

aaawww! so CUTE! I am looking for guinea pigs to adopt in the Easter hols, might be visiting a rescue centre soon-so excited! i miss having piggies! just look at his cute face! are you getting him a friend? :)
Exciting :) I've only ever had one piggy and that was years ago but I missed having one, they are so loving and cuddly :)

Exciting :) I've only ever had one piggy and that was years ago but I missed having one, they are so loving and cuddly :)
Yes, and the way you can rattle their treat bag and then they go running round squeaking and pop corning! :lol:

He is very sweet! Great that you are planning to do your best to make him happy. Please wait at least 2 weeks with introductions (quarantine) if you are getting your piggies from another place than a rescue with a mandatory quarantine on arrival and a vet clearance before a piggy is being put up for adoption.

Why not call him Pascal for "Easter"?

Isn't he stunning! :drool: We need to see lots more of this little dude.

Congratulations :)

He is very sweet! Great that you are planning to do your best to make him happy. Please wait at least 2 weeks with introductions (quarantine) if you are getting your piggies from another place than a rescue with a mandatory quarantine on arrival and a vet clearance before a piggy is being put up for adoption.

Why not call him Pascal for "Easter"?
Thanks for the advice. I'll be leaving it afew weeks before introducing, so that the babies have time to settle in and get used to their new home and myself :)

boar trios are the most unstable bond and more prone to failure. If you are dead set on getting the two babies you would be better getting him a single friend. He is gorgeous. Two young boars can fall out as well when they get older even if they are from the same litter Sorry to be a killjoy

boar trios are the most unstable bond and more prone to failure. If you are dead set on getting the two babies you would be better getting him a single friend. He is gorgeous. Two young boars can fall out as well when they get older even if they are from the same litter Sorry to be a killjoy

Oh I know, I've done a lot of research and spoken to a lot of people who have guinea pigs. I was getting the pair of baby boars anyway, this little guy was just an 'out of the blue' thing, saw the ad and fell in love. I'll see how it goes, if I can bond them etc. If not I'll probably get him neutered and get him a lady friend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back