Adding to a Ferplast 140

Rachel B

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, I have a ferplast 140 cage and have just bought the small animal house to extend it for my two babies (they are three and a half months old now) does it matter which end to put it on?186DF074-868A-4D73-9437-D37C9257C98D.webp

I don't think it does matter as it clicks together. But I would look at where all the doors are and how you usually clean out the cage - see what works best so you have a door where you most need access.

You can move the doors around on those cages with a pair of pliers though - they're just a bit stiff.

I think it’s just a matter of choice for you and what works best for you in terms of access and cleaning. They are great cages.

Aw that’s brilliant! Where did you get the little house from?
I have a 160 and a 140 both separate at the moment but when I had a threesome we joined them together in an L shape so we have a 100 and a 200 cm space. The piggies loved it

I have a 160 and a 140 both separate at the moment but when I had a threesome we joined them together in an L shape so we have a 100 and a 200 cm space. The piggies loved it
I got both the cage and the small pet house from zooplus, they were on special offer, Pip-Squeak and Smokey-Joe love it

Hi. I'm just trying to do this! How do you attach them in an L shape?

Hi. I'm just trying to do this! How do you attach them in an L shape?
I’m not sure it’s possible due to the construction of the cage sides. Do the instructions suggest otherwise?

I’m not sure it’s possible due to the construction of the cage sides. Do the instructions suggest otherwise?
No, I just thought if I could attach them it would be great to give the girls the extra space....the OP had mentioned they'd joined them in an L shape so I was hoping there may be a way?

No, I just thought if I could attach them it would be great to give the girls the extra space....the OP had mentioned they'd joined them in an L shape so I was hoping there may be a way?
Oh, I see. Just reread the earlier posts. @Bill & Ted commented on that issue so I’ve tagged her so she can explain how she joined them together

It was quite complicated making the L shape and you have to use one of the dividers for one end of one cage and slightly stagger it with the other cage. I have some photos somewhere, it was a while ago I will see if I can find them but it’s not a straightforward click together of two cages and you need a little bridge I’ll have a look and see if I can find the photos.

Last edited:
It was quite complicated making the L shape and you have to use one of the dividers for one end of one cage and slightly stagger it with the other cage. I have some photos somewhere, it was a while ago I will see if I can find them but it’s not a straightforward click together if two cages and you need a little bridge I’ll have a look and see if I can find the photos.
That would be fantastic, thank you. I need to be careful with bridges/ramps as my one piggy only has 3 legs 🙁 but would love to give them any extra space I can

1670431403899.jpeg
If you can see the end of the left cage that we have cut down one of those dividers so it’s 2 sections instead of three and tie wrapped it on and put a little bridge over the into the other cage.
I do wish they would design them so you could keep adding extra bits to them instead of just adding extensions on to each end, it would great. The above joined cages gave us a 100 cm cage and a 200 cm and total of 300 cm in all. You have to watch out how you position them as the doors can be a problem too, that’s why one is slightly off set.

Last edited:
View attachment 215828
If you can see the end of the left cage that we have cut down one of those dividers so it’s 2 sections instead of three and tie wrapped it on and put a little bridge over the into the over cage.
I do wish they would design them so you could keep adding extra bits to them instead of just adding extensions on to each end, it would great. The above joined cages gave us a 100 cm cage and a 200 cm and total of 300 cm in all. You have to watch out how you position them as he doors can be a problem too, that’s why one is slightly off set.
Fantastic, thank you. And yes, it would be much more versatile if you could just add bits easily! They're missing a trick there lol

Back