Adding a second floor in cage

• Thread starter Thread starter mum
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mum

I"m hoping to make some of my piggies c + c cages this autumn but haven"t enough space at the moment to make every piggy one.Has anyone added an upstairs in a shop brought cage?If so can you show me some pictures please or tell me how to do it.Thanks.

i want to know how too,, plus what can i use if i havent got c&c grids

I added a second floor to my old nero 4 using a cooling tray covered in carpet! I cabled tied the carpet to the tray and then the tray to the sides of the cage and then using another cooling tray, I bent that in half and covered in carpet and used it for a ramp. I will see if i still have any old photo lying around. I suppose if you want bigger levels, you could use more than one cooling tray, don't know how secure that would be though.

What a fantastic idea. I could possibly do this in my new cage I got. I'd love to see some examples if you do still have any pics :)

vikkixgrissomxgizmo said:
I added a second floor to my old nero 4 using a cooling tray covered in carpet! I cabled tied the carpet to the tray and then the tray to the sides of the cage and then using another cooling tray, I bent that in half and covered in carpet and used it for a ramp. I will see if i still have any old photo lying around. I suppose if you want bigger levels, you could use more than one cooling tray, don't know how secure that would be though.

thats a great idea would love to see a pick

I have done this.... ;D.My hubby made a wooden shelf with legs which fits inside the cage....this also provides compartments on the bottom floor( as my hubby made several legs for the standing shelf)....I made a wooden ramp( with carpet on it) its not wobbly atall and they don't seem to mind the 2nd leverl not having much of a guard...........Obviously i means more of a hassle when cleaning it out as more things need to be moved out...but they are worth it! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back