Adding A 3rd Sow To A Bonded Pair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinaG

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My 2 girls get on well, one is much more dominant than the other but they are a happpy little pair. I'm extending their C&C cage soon and because of the extra space I was thinking of getting another pig but I've been reading on the forum about how difficult trios can be and I don't have the space for 4. Am I better off just allowing my current girls to enjoy the extra space or is it worth attempting a trio?

Definitely the space. Yes trios can be hard although my first girls were a trio and definitely worked.
However I would stick with 2 and just enjoy watching them love their new surroundings.

I have had quite a few trios and never had an issue, they just need space and three or four if everything. My current trio are sisters and have the closest bond I have ever seen in piggies.

I think it's the bond that currently exists which is most important not necessarily whether it's two or three piggies. As much as I'd love a boar to add to the mix, they are so close I would hate to disturb it and to be honest it is wonderful seeing them play and cuddle up together. As Mother Hubbard said, just enjoy watching them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back