• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Acupuncture for cystitis

Elephonty

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Woody is on long term pain meds for interstitial cystitis and a vet has suggested I could try acupuncture, she hasn't done it with guinea pigs yet but has good results with cats that have chronic issues similar to Woody's.

Has anyone heard of acupuncture being used in guinea pigs? If so did it work? It's quite an expensive venture (even with a discount) so want to know other people's experiences before I commit!

Woody is on long term pain meds for interstitial cystitis and a vet has suggested I could try acupuncture, she hasn't done it with guinea pigs yet but has good results with cats that have chronic issues similar to Woody's.

Has anyone heard of acupuncture being used in guinea pigs? If so did it work? It's quite an expensive venture (even with a discount) so want to know other people's experiences before I commit!

Hi

I know of one or two US rescues/sanctuaries who have done it for things like a really bad permanent head tilt in a sanctuary but I haven't heard of acupuncture for sterile cystitis in guinea pigs.

Back