Acting Weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheeseMommy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I noticed yesterday he was randomly chattering his teeth. I thought maybe he suddenly didn't like one of his stuffed animals, so I removed it.

Today, he's been really acting weird. He won't let me pick him up and is very jumpy. He will let me pet him, however. He started chattering his teeth at me for no reason when I was sitting at my desk, back turned. I thought maybe it was the thunder. I have him a lot of food, but he wouldn't move to the food bowl to get it. He refuses to leave one spot in front of his water bottle, but did eat the food when I moved it to him.

Now he'll make a random noise every so often like a growl/pur. But, still won't move from the spot. The weird thing is, the spot is out in the open and not any of his normal hiding spots. It's basically the closest spot he can get to watching me. Nothing has changed about his diet, just eating lettuce and green bell peppers w/ pellets, hay, and water.

He also hasn't pooped that much today.

What would be wrong? :(

He is 2 1/2 years hold. We adopted him about a month ago and can't get him a piggie friend until October. If that is all this behavior is, then that's fine! I was just so worried he was sick. :(

No, he is coming out of himself and is by the looks trying to establish a hierarchy with you. Please read the tips in the link I have given you. you may find them helpful in understanding what is going on and how to best handle this in a wat that a guinea pig can relate to.

No, he is coming out of himself and is by the looks trying to establish a hierarchy with you. Please read the tips in the link I have given you. you may find them helpful in understanding what is going on and how to best handle this in a wat that a guinea pig can relate to.

Is that why he won't move from the one position? That's what has me most worried.

Is that why he won't move from the one position? That's what has me most worried.

I would not worry about that, as it is right out in the open where he can best keep an eye on you, so he is definitely interacting.

Just an update, he refuses to get into any hidey holes and sometimes unexpectedly will jerk and make some sort of really crazy aggressive movement towards something in his cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back