Absorbent Bed Pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorelle

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello I'm new here and I only had my guinea pigs a week I think I am allergic to the normal bedding so I have just ordered comfortnights absorbent bedpads from Amazon they look really good and I can see some reviews of people using them for guinea pigs. Would I need to put a fleece liner on top of this or can it be used on its own? Thank you

Hi & welcome to the forum :) Yes you need to put fleece on the top, the bed pads will help wick away any wee from the fleece. Prep the fleece by washing at least 3 times in non bio washing detergent without any conditioner :)

thanks for replying do you know why its best to use the fleece? Could they possibly chew the bed pads I was just wondering if it would smell less with just the bed pads as the ones I have ordered have a 5 layer thing but I wasn't sure if they need the fleece for other reasons? Thank you

I suppose there is no reason to use fleece on top providing they can't chew the pad, I don't know what those pads are like. I wouldn't use the disposable puppy pads without fleece on top, it's be frightened they'd chew & eat them :( Fleece does make them cosy & the liquid usually wicks down so the fleece stays fairly dry :)

Are these the ones?
I'd be tempted to use fleece on top if they are chewers. I doubt they'd come to harm chewing it though :)

:DHello and :wel: to the forum! I would put fleece on top of the liners, if only for the simple reason that it will hide the wee stains! Also it will be more comfortable for the piggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back