• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Abscess update - not good news

• Thread starter Thread starter JoanneG
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoanneG

Hi - Sorry, I just posted this on my original thread also, but thought I should start one with a new subject line.

I just got back from the vet. The news about Queensie is not good :'(
He says the thing is not an abscess, but it is probably either bone growth from tooth root problems, or possibly a tumor.
He wouldn't know for sure about the latter two unless he did x-rays, which would need to be done under anesthesia, and then the 'so what next' of that would be extensive surgery. And because she is 7, we are choosing not to go that route. He did give me a good antibiotic, but he says if it's in the bone, it's hard to get at.
We are heartbroken, but we will keep an eye on her closely. For now, she is eating and it is all good. At least we can prepare ourselves a little bit. It's hard to say how much time she has.
Thanks for all your help and understanding and caring.
Joanne

Oh love i'm sorry to hear :-\ :-\
Keep her comfortable and lots of her fav things and i'm sure she'll be fine for as long as she can be :)
(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) for you and the family.
A wonderful 7 years you've had with her, that's a tribute to your care and love you've given her :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
She sounds like such a beautiful little girl :smitten:
Good luck, keep us posted :)

Thanks, Glynis! We are just loving her up. It's not easy news, but she is 7 years old (as is her sister).
Thanks for caring!
Joanne

JoanneG said:
Thanks, Glynis! We are just loving her up. It's not easy news, but she is 7 years old (as is her sister).
Thanks for caring!
Joanne

Love your welcome O0
That's why i talk to our boy all the time and give him extra cuddles etc.. even more so cause i know he'll be leaving us one day too.
Another thing i love about them is the smell of them, when you pick her up just have a good inhale and you'll get the sweet piggie smell :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: that's something i've got imprinted on my mind forever :smitten:

I'm so sorry, you never know though, piggies can be little miracles sometimes :smitten: thinking of you x

Miracles and smells...
Yes, you never know with any creature. A miracle would be most welcome!
And I do love the smells of a piggy - an almost earthy cinammony smell. I love it!
Joanne

Hi Glynis
She is just fine today. She likes the antibiotic, which is really half the battle at the moment. And she is eating and drinking.
Myself, I go up and down some thinking about it. It comes to my mind in the middle of the night. I just keep being thankful that I have had her 6 of her 7 years.
Thanks for checking in with me.
Joanne

Just sending you some BIG hugs :smitten: :smitten: Sammy xx

Just caught up with your post. I'm so sorry the news wasn't better, sending hugs and good wishes. Make the most of every day you you have with Queensie, you are obviously a fab piggy mummy O0

Thanks for all the hugs and prayers and thoughts, everyone. It truly feels good being able to talk about it and having others around who care and understand.
I started adding a little bit of alfalfa hay in with he timothy, since the vet said she's a little on the lean side. She's eating, and sleeping a lot also (at our equivalent of 90, I guess I would be too!) She thankfully likes her meds, but we don't yet know if it will really do anything. Worth a try for sure.
Thanks again.
Joanne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back