A Question?

• Thread starter Thread starter squeaks
  • Start date Start date

My new guinea pig is always just sitting still andsort of making noise I was wondering if this is no

• Maybe I have it just likes to hang out?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Or maybe it is not happy?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
She sounds as if she's a bit scared, how long have you had her? Just keep talking to her and giving her food and she'll come round. It must be very scary to be put in a strange place on your own she probably just needs time to settle. As long as she's eating ok x

she has no guinea pig friends but i do have a dog that she seems to have taken a liking to.

perhaps she is lonely?

I think she just must be very scared because its all new and shes got nobody to talk to bless her, couldnt you get her a friend? x

Try putting some toys in for her or making her treat tubes. I'm sure she'll perk up a bit. As she's eating OK then I don't think there's too much to worry about. O0 :smitten:

Doe she just sit still in her cage or do you mean at lap time? Mine sit perfectly still on my lap and chunter away constantly - this is a happy piggy :smitten: Have you tried leaving a radio on for company for her? I change mine from a talking only station to music and back again for variety ;D

Thanks for the help she is only sitting still during lap time, in her cage she is fine and she moves around a lot. She has really seemed to take a liking to my dog and seems to like to hang out with her.

Aw bless her, yes she'll just be a little bit nervous when she has lap time, try giving her grass! Mine will do anything for grass and she will start to associate lap time with grass and treats :) x

squeaks said:
Thanks for the help she is only sitting still during lap time, in her cage she is fine and she moves around a lot. She has really seemed to take a liking to my dog and seems to like to hang out with her.

Oh this seems absolutely fine then! So long as she's moving around in her cage then you know there's nothing physically wrong. Like I said my little boar sits almost totally still on my lap and purrs away - I'm sure this is a contented piggy as he would try to get off my lap if he wasn't happy - think yours would too! They never do anything they don't want to - you'll soon get to know that especially when it's bathtime or nail clipping time or medicine time - see what I mean ;D I'm sure you wouldn't but please don't ever leave your doggy unsupervised with a piggy - no matter how friendly they are! >:D

Shes probably just scared..

I'd pick her up and stroke her so she knows theres nothing to worry about.. :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back