• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

A Lump?!?

• Thread starter Thread starter Beanie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beanie

One of my female guinea pigs called Cleo got heatstroke a few weeks ago. :'( And when I picked her up, I found a lump under her bellie. I never saw any changes in her behavior or eating so I didn't take any real notice of it. The vet here doesn't treat pigs so I couldn't take her there to get her checked out.

Does anyone have the slightest clue on what it could be?

How old is she? It could be quite a few things e.g. a fatty lump, a cyst, a tumour..... I would try and find a vet or Rodentologist to get it checked to be sure what it is and what treatment (if any) is required.

You could always contact Vedra at the CCT - the details are a sticky on here.

Most often those are cysts that need nothing doing to them - it's when they burst you do! :-\

Icey had these not too long ago while Tiny, still has one on her underside. Nothing has changed or happened to it :)

like Kelly says they are common if iut is a cyst its like a bean size they ripen and split open pushing out disgusting grey matter, if like me you have experience these can be dealt with at home, but it could also be an abcess which may need surgery they tend to be larger and a proper golf ball size, but it could also be a tumour which obviously needs seeing to , you relaly need to find a vet who deals with a guineapig, sooner or later you will be needing their help and its best to find one now in case it ever gets life threatning,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back