A good pellet

Alicia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So my 3 piggies are currently fed on Sainsbury's own brand pellets. Frances has what the vet thinks is a UTI, but if it doesn't clear up they're going to look into possible bladder stones. I want to find a better quality pellet. I get hay from haybox which she eats and she goes out on the grass daily, veg wise I'm leaning towards feeding coriander, cucumber and pepper daily which I think is ok (correct me if wrong) so it's just the pellet I want to improve. Any suggestions? Are there any that would be particularly beneficial to Frances?

The veg is fine, lettuce can be fed daily also.

Pellet wise I would recommend Piggie Parcels pellets. They are just grasses. Piggie
Parcels is run by a member of this forum.
Haybox do also do their own cold compressed, grass pellets. They are fine to use, I have done in the past, but my personal preference is piggie parcels

I use Oxbow Garden Select, it’s the best I have local to me, Piggie Parcels pellets seems better though. I feed about one tablespoon a day per piggy. I spot clean in the cage, weigh each pig, brush hair, wash replace mats, refill food and water. I separate them onto their own 1 by 1 C&C grid while I do that, in that time they all eat their veggies and pellets. I have to do this because they will steal each others food other than hay since they have a lot of eating areas.

I use Oxbow Garden Select, it’s the best I have local to me, Piggie Parcels pellets seems better though. I feed about one tablespoon a day per piggy. I spot clean in the cage, weigh each pig, brush hair, wash replace mats, refill food and water. I separate them onto their own 1 by 1 C&C grid while I do that, in that time they all eat their veggies and pellets. I have to do this because they will steal each others food other than hay since they have a lot of eating areas.

Stealing food from each other is entirely normal. It’s how they learn and how the hierarchy works. We would never recommend separating them for feeding - that is entirely unnecessary in a functioning bond - it can be damaging to a bond and is not how piggies function.

Back