A Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakano

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So I have two guinea pigs that I just got Saturday, Sugar and Spice. Today I wanted to start bonding with them. First I took out Spice and things were ok, everyone was calm. He ate out of my hand. Then after I was done with that I returned Spice to the cage and went to play with Sugar. When I took Sugar out of the cage, Spice started running around the cage and squealing loudly. I sat next to the cage so he could see Sugar, but he just kept yelling until I put Sugar back inside. Is this normal? If so, how can I calm Spice down?

Also, Spice ate out of my hand when I was playing with him, but Sugar wouldn't. All in all, Sugar seems to have less energy than Spice (he fell asleep while I was playing with him, despite all the excitement.) I'm a little worried that something might be wrong? One of his eyes always seems to be squinting too.

I probably would get them both for a vet check, a lot of vets do it for free, just to check them over. If you go up to the green band, you will see vet locator if you put your postcode it will tell you the phone no & address of your cavy savvy vet. That just means people who have experience with piggies, & are far more likely to know exactly what is wrong with your piggie. Normal vets probably only see piggies now & again so wouldn't have a clue. When piggies are settled we would love to see a photo.
Hi & Welcome to the forum, enjoy your piggy.

It sounds like they have bonded with each other well. I have had my piggys for months and they will sometimes wheek when I take one of them out. Sugar may just be more chill. I have one guinea pig that hates being pet, but my other loves it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back