a few food questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
can guineapigs have
potato peelings,
basil,
lemon/citrus fruit type thing (except orange)
or any other unusual thing

Potato peelings no, unless its sweet potato. Citrus things I don't give cos it can irritate the mouth because of the acidity. Basil I dunno but mine love melon, all kinds

Mine have always had potato peelings - many, many years now with no problems at all. They only have white peelings and I make sure for no sprouting :)

Don't give any of mine any viturs fruit, the same for the above reason. Basil I haven't tried.

Unusual, such as?

wells, by unusual i mean stuff tha isn't basic by cabbage, mine seem to like basil and oranges, but i make sure they are not to sour

mine have a lil bit of orange now and again,ive never tried potato peelings though,I know my rabbits when I had them used to love them
they love romaine lettuce :o
Ive stopped giving them cabbage since I lost a couple or more the day after they had it

never given potato in any form, thought it was a no no :o

mine have savoy cabbage, they love kale and sometime have white cabbage, that i bring home from work on a sunday. I'm just careful about the amount i give them. mine just adore little gem lettuce :) and loads of ;) cucumber.

mine do have gala apples, cherry tomatoes, just be careful about the amount you give, don't want their beautiful lips getting sore :-*

none of mine will eat oranges.

I haven't tried mine on basil but they love parsley. I don't give them any citrus fruit as I've had piggies before that hated anything like that. They also love curly kale and broccoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back