a bit of scrapping

• Thread starter Thread starter rachy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rachy

Hi everyone

My husband and I treated ourselves to two beautiful cavies, Moses and Ken. We have had them just under a week and they live inside together in a spacious cage with plenty of hidey holes etc. We bought them from a garden centre and the staff there told us the boys had lived together all their short lives (Moses is 14 weeks, Ken 12 weeks).
When we first got them they seemed to get on fine but last night they spent ages chasing one another round, headbutting and squealing. Noone got hurt but it looked quite nasty. Moses is the bigger of the two and the staff from the garden centre said he was the dominant one, I'm wondering if Ken is now trying to show some dominance. Is this normal behaviour? Is this just due to settling in or the start of something more worrying?
Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Rachy :)

yes it is normla behaviour it does sound as if mOses is the dominant one as already said and little ken wants to push his luck by thinking hes going to be in charge its the age of them thats the reason as they are now into teens just think how our teens behave , jsut keepa watchful eye ont ehm so no one gets hurt if they've been toghter so long it should pass once Moses gets it trhough to Ken hes boss and Ken accepts all should be quite if things dont improve or it gets worse thats when you need to worry

ive only had my guinea pigs for about a week, they are 8weeks old now and we had the same problem. we are novices and have never had guinea pigs before so we have asked the same questions and got the same answers. ours seem to have settled down now, there is still a dominant one but not as much fighting. But our two guinea pigs are female. But we have been told that in females and males there is still a dominant one.
Good look!
danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back