9 guinea pigs in a herd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
okay i only have 5 guinea pigs but i'm curious,
would 5 neautered boars and 4 sows get on as one group?

i think you'll find the answer will be no, I'm no expert but i think the boars will fight over the sows.
only one boar per group of sows.

yes I would agree I have a herd of 14 girls and they are fine buit mixing boys in with them might cause all sorts of problems even though they are neutered

maisydaisystar said:
i think you'll find the answer will be no, I'm no expert but i think the boars will fight over the sows.
only one boar per group of sows.
I agree ;)

Yep, I'd agree on that. Very unlikely to get four boars to live happily with sows around.

I thought you could only have 1 male, whether it's neutered or not, living with a group of females?

I have only 1 male with my 5 girls there is no way he would put up with another male to compete with :) He has enough to cope with, with 5 women all fussing let alone another male! :D

Hiya no not a good idea boys will fight, Sammy my neutered boar attacked another boar of mine who likes to play houdini and has caused some nasty bite marks really not worth it

Sadly you can't put more than one boar with a sow or sows as it would be recipe for disaster! They would fight and serious injuries could result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back