• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

5 days old head tilted on one side

cassie27

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello, I really need help. My mommy guinea pig recently gave birth to 4 babies. Just a moment ago, I suddenly noticed 1 of them can't walk nor sit straight, head tilted on side and one eye is unresponsive (sclera can be seen). He can move and wiggle his legs but when I put him down, his head tilted and cannot move so much like the others. I've also observed that his responses are delayed, and having a hard time eating and drinking. Vet's kinda far so I cannot immediately bring him now. What should I do? Please help (ಥ﹏ಥ)

It sounds like he really needs to see a vet.
Things such as head tilts are classed as high risk and need to be seen by a vet immediately.

There is a chance he may pass on his own, but if not a vet will examine him and let you know the different options.
I do not have any experience with issues like this in such young pigs, but from my share of experiences such severe disabilities are sort of 50/50, especially if this is affecting his ability to eat.

You may find these guides to be helpful in general - Pregnancy, Mother & Baby Care Guides
How Soon Should My Guinea Pig See A Vet? - A Quick Guide

I am wishing you all the best x

Back