3 x 7 c and c cage?

piggyl0ver

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i currently have a 2 x 6 cage for two adult boars, but want to upgrade :-) i like to put in lots of fleece items for them but dont want to over crowd the cage, want them to still have lots of space to roam about freely.
where can i purchase a 3x7 c and c cage ? (the coroplast base specifically, dont mind DIYing it, but would prefer it was already cut for me, I'm not good with that kind of thing )
thank you so much, i am so grateful for and love this community :-)

You probably won’t be able to get a kit that size.
What you can do i buy additional grids - you can get them from Amazon for example. Just make sure you get 9 hole grids, not 8 hole (the gaps are too big and are dangerous on 8 hole grids).
You can then buy correx from hardware shops or Amazon to expand the base. Or just put down sheets of plastic, shower curtain etc to protect the floor

You probably won’t be able to get a kit that size.
What you can do i buy additional grids - you can get them from Amazon for example. Just make sure you get 9 hole grids, not 8 hole (the gaps are too big and are dangerous on 8 hole grids).
You can then buy correx from hardware shops or Amazon to expand the base. Or just put down sheets of plastic, shower curtain etc to protect the floor
thank you so much for the helpful information. :-)

I don't think you will get a sheet of Corex to fit that size. I have a 5.5 x 3, we had to join 2 pieces together. We could just make it 5 x 3 with shallow sides but decided in the end to go for the extra half a grid.

I made my extended cage by joining 2 pieces of correx together.
I needed an L shape to fit the room and, like you, wanted to give them as much space as possible.
Your piggies sound as if they’re getting a mansion

Just a suggestion, but could you buy a 2x1 correx base and join it to your existing 2x6? That would probably save you a lot of hassle and money. I have extended my cage this way. I have a 2x5, 2x4 and 2x2 base all taped together to form a 4x5. It comes together quite nicely and is not bumpy.

My 2x6 is a c & c with corrugated plastic as a base. I will be extending mine after the holidays by adding more grids. Definitely worth considering if you feel up to project of expansion.

Just a suggestion, but could you buy a 2x1 correx base and join it to your existing 2x6? That would probably save you a lot of hassle and money. I have extended my cage this way. I have a 2x5, 2x4 and 2x2 base all taped together to form a 4x5. It comes together quite nicely and is not bumpy.
Ignore me, just realised you said 3x7 not 2x7 😂 That is an amzing size for two boys, I'm sure they'll love it.

Back