• Thread starter Thread starter maisydaisystar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maisydaisystar

Hi Guys,
Not sure what to do
A lady down the road from me needs a good home for a female guinea pig who has lost it's hutch partner.
I have two guineas (a female and a neutered male) in Sage house (two story), but is this sufficient enough for 3 guinea pigs?
I also have a small hutch that I can use for her while they have introductions to eachother.
Any advice would be great.
Paula x

this has to be permanent not tempory housing as I cant fit a bigger hutch in my utility during the winter months.
will check the size

sage house is 41 inches wide and 18 inches deep, and two storys high.

TBH I would say no, not big enough but this is only my opinion because I have 2 piggies in a similar hutch to yours, also 2 storey only mine is 48 inches and I am not happy with the room they have in there. I am going to change to a large cage once we get back from our hols :-\
Having said that, if you look on the cavy cages website and see recommended area sizes, then measure the upstairs and downstairs and multiply to get overall area, it may well be big enough :)

oh i just don't know what to do, should i really take on another guinea, or not, I want the piggie to go to a good home
not a bad one

What is your gut feeling about the size of the hutch? If you have doubts, then I would say you think yourself it isnt big enough for 3. Could you get a cage of some sort to sit on top of the hutch? :-\ They could still have floor/run time together? What is she being housed in where she is at the moment?

I haven't even asked that yet,
my utility/shed is heated though(between 10-15 degress),, so it shouldn't be a problem.
I have a small hutch for one, but no room for it permanently in the winter months, as I have 2 hutches in there already.
I told her i'd get back to her by this evening, and have also warned her about people wanting her for snake food, (she was in the free ads).
Decisions, decisions

No Sage House is not big enough for three I have two piggies in one and there is just enough room for two. Thistle Hall is much bigger and would house four :)

You could alweays think about fostering, and finding a home yourself :-\

PerfectPiggies said:
You could alweays think about fostering, and finding a home yourself :-\

That sounds like a good idea!

Hi, all,
I have emailed the lady to let her know that I cannot take her, but have offered if she doesn't find her a good home to take her temporarily and rehome her myself, I have a small hutch spare.
I'll let you know what happens xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back