2 tier cage

• Thread starter Thread starter lizz79
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lizz79

Hi ive been nosy at the 2 tier cages, does any one have one, do the piggies cope ok with the ramps? Mine are in a large rabbit cage and have at least 3 hours out at night in their run but I'm looking for more living cage space, as their cage does seem still to look not big enough with all their toys in.Just trying to think of ideas to also maybe for after the new year to rehome a couple of rescue piggies and that way i was thinking could have two tier cages in the living room..cant wait to see OHs face when he finds out the living room is to be the Piggy room! lol Or well he should learn to say no to me! LOL

Mine used to have a 2 tier run. They loved the ramp. If you get a 2 tier cage make sure the ramp isn't too steep and try to see if you can find one that they won't fall from the ramp or anything like that.

my girls all have ramps, one of which is quite a long ramp, we did put a side on it (bit like a hand rail) :D so that they couldn't fall and the other side of ramp is right against the cage wall, so it's quite enclosed. the shorter ramp doesn't have a side and they all cope great :)

my piggies have a 3 tier hutch and they deal with them just fine. Most ramps of hutchs are different, some smooth with just grips, some with blocks stuck on. Of course if you piggie isn't used to these ramps they will take they're time using them. it took mine 1 month, and the other piggie 2 months. But after they get the scent of the hutch they'll want to explore so just have patient. i think 2 tiers and more are really good for piggies because it gives them a place to rest and play. Always if one's moody she'll have other places to go ;)

Partly it depends on how old they are. Young guineas will easily learn to use ramps. Older ones may be very resistant to them even if they are physically fit to use them.

Mine have loft areas accessible with ramps & seem to love them.
They have sides on so they don't drop off over the edge when they tearing up & down them & when i had 2 tier hutches i had bits of wood put around 3 sides of the holes so they didn't tumble over the edge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back