2 Months Old Humping my 6 years Old

Angela99

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello. I just adopted a 2 month old boar from Petsmart for my bereaving Truffle a few days ago. Very sadly his bonded brother of 6 years passed away last week.
I am still grieving but he was just lost and alone so I got him a companion. He is so happy with some company, but Comet is challenging him and humping him. He scratched back of his ear. I disinfected with solution from Vet … and I trimmed his nails, but I’m not sure what to do. Never had a baby before. He’s harmless . … Now… but what about 6 months from now? Otherwise they sleep together eat together play together… so there’s no fighting…. I’m worried for future. I also am checking his back for scratches.
At what age would they potentially fight? What signs should I be aware of?
Thank you 🙏

Attachments

• 5479FFBE-49BD-4F7E-877D-FB9B2B5FF217.webp
    5479FFBE-49BD-4F7E-877D-FB9B2B5FF217.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 7
Did you bond them properly in neutral territory?

Humping is perfectly normal behaviour, particularly as you’ve just bonded them. Acceptance has occurred (if it didn’t, they would have had a fight straight away) and for now they sound absolutely fine together. It will take two weeks of being together for their relationship and hierarchy to be fully formed. You are going to see lots of dominance behaviours.
Babies do have sharp nails, the scratch was not deliberate.

There is always a risk that things may change when a baby becomes a hormonal teenager but you can’t worry about that nor can you change it. More boar pairs make it together than not but its always a good idea to have a plan b for splitting them up in mind in case things don’t work out between them going forward.

Boars: Teenage, Bullying, Fighting, Fall-outs And What Next?

Last edited:
What a cute pair of boars, I hope these two ltitle men make it through the difficult teenage stage but at the moment everything sounds fairly normal to me, try not to worry too much about the future

Did you bond them properly in neutral territory?

Humping is perfectly normal behaviour, particularly as you’ve just bonded them. Acceptance has occurred (if it didn’t, they would have had a fight straight away) and for now they sound absolutely fine together. It will take two weeks of being together for their relationship and hierarchy to be fully formed. You are going to see lots of dominance behaviours.
Babies do have sharp nails, the scratch was not deliberate.

There is always a risk that things may change when a baby becomes a hormonal teenager but you can’t worry about that nor can you change it. More boar pairs make it together than not but its always a good idea to have a plan b for splitting them up in mind in case things don’t work out between them going forward.

Boars: Teenage, Bullying, Fighting, Fall-outs And What Next?
Ok thank you 🙏 your right it’s been a week today. Hopefully they will get along. I’ll keep an eye on it 🐹❤️

Back