2 Major Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtles

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
By about december my guinea pig adventure should start!
And although i'm super excited I have 2 major things to settle.
First of all the design of they're cage. I'm getting a c&c cage and this is the first design we have going.
2qbcd1k.png

Sizes are in CM. We will be adding a second floor! Do you guys think this is a good enough cage for 2 piggies ?
110cm = 3.6ft , 90cm= 2.9ft , 55cm=1.8 ft
We needed an L form because we don't exactly live large at home and this was all the space we got from the closet to the wall :P
My second question is. Is it possible to 'mate up' 2 sows ? They're both younger than 3months but from separate rescue shelters.
Boars seem to be difficult to come by around here.

Sows often make great partners so it definitely is possible to bond two sows from different homes.
If they are coming from rescue shelters maybe ask each shelter if either one would be willing to help with the bonding process?

Normally I would say 110cm is too short, and so is 90cm, but the total surface area might actually be ok because it's kind of almost a square rather than a rectangle. Generally the guide is 120 x 70cm for 2 sows (or 140 x 70 for 2 boars). I personally think for 2 sows your design would work fine though because the diagonal length would allow enough space for zoomies.

Yes :) That looks fabe the fact it is in an L shape gives you the extra room needed. Are you using different sized grids?

Two young sows should be fine together. Here is a thread on introductions and bonding Illustrated Bonding / Dominance Behaviours And Dynamics Makes sure you have two hideys so they have space from each other.

hi sport_billy!
Yes I am!
The red ones are smaller than the Black ones (that's why we picked different colours it helped us visually see what was possible and what wasn't)
Thanks for the link i'll check it out

hi sport_billy!
Yes I am!
The red ones are smaller than the Black ones (that's why we picked different colours it helped us visually see what was possible and what wasn't)
Thanks for the link i'll check it out

Ah! Cool. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back