2 exit hides

piggiemummy03x

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
hi all!
i’m really struggling to find 2 exit hidey houses for my girls! if anyone has any they recommend please can you link them below so i can check them out!

(hope this is okay to ask! thanks☺️)

Hiya, good morning, the cheapest two exit I find are cardboard boxes with the sides cut out, piggies love cardboard plus you can replace them for pence, Amazon boxes etc
Hope this helps 👍

These are good.
They come in various sizes (the one pictured is actually hamster sized but the others are exactly the same)

There’s also Hop Inn or Elmato on Amazon

got 2 of these already, i love them! i’m hoping to get a few houses so they can choose wether to sleep inside them or not for extra warmth, the reason i didn’t get 2 exit hides in the first place was because i thought they’d loose more heat!

got 2 of these already, i love them! i’m hoping to get a few houses so they can choose wether to sleep inside them or not for extra warmth, the reason i didn’t get 2 exit hides in the first place was because i thought they’d loose more heat!

The elmato and hop inn are more house like. I’ve got a three exit elmato

The bendy kit bridges work well for warmth when stuffed with hay a heat pad underneath

good idea! i’ll have to look into guineapig safe wood and glue! what did you use if you don’t mind me asking?
It was a few years ago so I've forgotten the wood but they never chew it as it's hard wood and my pigs are fussy and only chew softer woods and we used screws and drilled it together, screws and nowhere near in reach of the pigs as it's quite thick hard wood

It was a few years ago so I've forgotten the wood but they never chew it as it's hard wood and my pigs are fussy and only chew softer woods and we used screws and drilled it together, screws and nowhere near in reach of the pigs as it's quite thick hard wood

brilliant thankyou! do you have a pic at all?

It's 9am for me right now so I haven't got out to the pigs shed yet but I'll be giving morning veggies soon and take a picture then, but there's a lot of marks on the top because they like to jump on top of it and pee 😅

no worries haha thanks so much!

We have a guinea pig castle my guys love, otherwise I get creative with spare boxes! The castle is great because it can fit all three in and also provides a (mostly) wee-free roof to have a small hay pile. There's lots of options for these on Etsy, and you can buy ramp covers for some of them.

I also bought one of these recently, also a little expensive but solidly built and it seems to be a great place to both sleep and zoom through: Guinea Pig House Corner Shelter Hide | Etsy UK

We have a guinea pig castle my guys love, otherwise I get creative with spare boxes! The castle is great because it can fit all three in and also provides a (mostly) wee-free roof to have a small hay pile. There's lots of options for these on Etsy, and you can buy ramp covers for some of them.

I also bought one of these recently, also a little expensive but solidly built and it seems to be a great place to both sleep and zoom through: Guinea Pig House Corner Shelter Hide | Etsy UK

brilliant thankyou so much!

Check out Fuzzbutts

A luxury hooj cube is big enough for 2 piggies who want to snuggle but has 2 distinct exits. I have several that we have had for many years. Having recently bonded my 4 together (and it has been far from plain sailing) I have found my cubes to be a godsend. No one can get trapped.

Luxury HoojCube - Ugly sweater

Check out Fuzzbutts

A luxury hooj cube is big enough for 2 piggies who want to snuggle but has 2 distinct exits. I have several that we have had for many years. Having recently bonded my 4 together (and it has been far from plain sailing) I have found my cubes to be a godsend. No one can get trapped.

Luxury HoojCube - Ugly sweater

thanks!

I just took a saw and made an extra exit in the regular wooden houses. I had bought them before I read on here they needed two exits. I did use sanding paper on the edges to prevent it from being sharp.

I just took a saw and made an extra exit in the regular wooden houses. I had bought them before I read on here they needed two exits. I did use sanding paper on the edges to prevent it from being sharp.

thats a good idea!

Our boys love the Hop Inn we got them, and a footstool is also a favourite place to hang out.
I and our guinea pigs love fuzzbutt cubes. I can just about wiggle a snuggle safe heat pad in on a chilly night.

Our boys love the Hop Inn we got them, and a footstool is also a favourite place to hang out.
I and our guinea pigs love fuzzbutt cubes. I can just about wiggle a snuggle safe heat pad in on a chilly night.

thankyou!

Back