• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

16 toes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
okay, I know pigs are supposed to ahve 4 toes on the front paws and 3 on the back but Bing has an extra toe on each abck foot. He can't move them they just hange there and you can touch them and everything and move them in any possistion and he can't feel it, they have claws on them aswell, would this cause him any problems?

no it's fine - some piggies do have that - genetic fault of some sort.

My Jin had one extra on his foot and it was fine left alone. It does (the nail) grow at a normal rate so it will need to be trimmed.
Just keep an eye out in case it gets caught on anything (unlikely) :)

rip_ernie said:
okay, I know pigs are supposed to ahve 4 toes on the front paws and 3 on the back but Bing has an extra toe on each abck foot. He can't move them they just hange there and you can touch them and everything and move them in any possistion and he can't feel it, they have claws on them aswell, would this cause him any problems?
Hils piggies have that

If they interfere with his movement in any way or look like they could get caught on something I would contact your vet for an opinion on whether or not they should be removed.

One of my boys had this. I took him to the vet to have it removed because I couldn't trim the nail properly with the toe being so floppy. I was worried he would move and I'd pull it off or he could get it caught on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back