16 pannels/grids be big enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Do you think 16 grids will make a big enough home for the piggies ? at the moment they are in a run which is like the grids, they are a lot taller than the grids so it looks quite bulky.

Hi Karen,

You could make a 6ftx2ft cage with 16 grids which would house 4 pigs.

Louise
:)

I've got 2 piggies I think I'll go and order some now I'm going for pink ;)even though they are boys I like the colour ..

16 grids will definitely be enough for 2 piggies. 4x2 is the recommended minimum for 2 i think. Obviously bigger is better if you have the space.....

I love pink two, I don't think your boys will be bothered either way. they will love the space though :)

IMAG1317.jpg

IMAG1304.jpg

This is what they are in now. I leave the door open so they are free to play in the conservatory aswell as their cage.. Can you see what I mean about being bulky ?

Yes I see what you mean. It looks of a good size though it's hard to tell in the pic.
With the sides quite high do you find it harder to pic them up pr pet them when they are in the cage. I have always had a C&C and would recommend them to anyone!

;D

Laure said:
Yes I see what you mean. It looks of a good size though it's hard to tell in the pic.
With the sides quite high do you find it harder to pic them up pr pet them when they are in the cage. I have always had a C&C and would recommend them to anyone!

;D

Yes I do find it a pain to get to them if they don't want to be picked up.
The only thing with these pink pannel things there are no gaps like the C&C grids so the piggies can't see out, do you thing they'll be okay ? saying that they'll be out a lot of the time..

hum...
I am sure no gaps will be fine for them but I don't think I would have solid panels myself. For a start you won't be able to sit and watch and talk to them unless you are looking down into the pen (we can be quite scary to little piggies when we stand up). I just think it might affect your interaction with them. Maybe you could alternate solid panels with the ones with gaps in? or use the pink ones for the back of the cage only?
I don't know maybe sometimes I worry to much about things and it would be fine.
I am sure someone else will come along to tell you what they think soon...

I have the ones with no gaps in blue for my 2 boars and I have no problem with them. Sunshine and Twinkle were used to us being higher because they had been in the hutch but if your pigs are a little skittish they may have a problem with it. I'm sure they will be fine though, you know your pigs best. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back