1 tablespoon of pellets each

weepweeps

Senior Guinea Pig
Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Is there a weight measurement other than 1 tablespoon of pellets? As I’m thinking I’m serving a heaped rather than a level spoonful. Or doesn’t it matter if ot heaped rather than flat?

I'm not that generous since it's been mentioned by more than one vet where we go that they don't really need them and my boys are a bit chunky! They are getting 6-8 pellets each twice a day except Bertie who is very overweight and has now gone down to 4 because I feel too guilty not giving him any at all when the other's are getting excited having theirs!

I use a tablespoon measure from an old bread machine that I had. I just chuck in around a level tablespoon for each piggy. They love to run around hoovering them up. Its amusing when Bramble doesn't know which one to go for first. It's like, "I'll have this one but if I do I miss that one, but then I'll miss the one over there or I'll miss this one over here ..... Oh I don't know which one to eat first. PANIC!"

Use a kitchen scale to measure 10-15 grams of pellets per guinea pig each day for consistency.

Back