1 Day Separation?

breakawayfromme

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I was back at the exotic vet the other day and he said he would like me to monitor water intake one more time but problem is my pigs are bonded now so I would have to put up a barrier for one day to do this.

Do you think this will kill the bond? they would still be able to see each other?
I would be heartbroken if this bond fails now when Ive worked hard to make it work.

Thanks

I wouldn’t separate them if possible. May I ask why you were asked to monitor water intake? The thing is that piggies will drink as much as they need to, and this can vary. They get quite a bit of water from their veg so may not necessarily drink much from the bottle/bowl. Some people on here wet the veg before feeding so it’s that little bit more.

He has a suspected condition that means he drinks a ton of water
I haven't seen that vet since october so before he puts him back on medication he wants me to monitor for one day to get more recent intake
He has had all the tests you could think off last year and will be having another blood test soon

I'm assuming it would be a full 24 hour separation?
You should only separate if you absolutely have to and keep the separation as short as possible.
If they have an unstable bond then doing so is a risk. Make sure you reintroduce them properly to be sure things are going to be ok between them.

Back